School to Work Alliance Program
School to Work Alliance Program (SWAP) is a collaborative effort between Thompson R2-J Public Schools and the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Our primary goal is to assist youth in a successful transition from school to the world of work. We assist young adults with finding meaningful employment opportunities in their community.
- Cindy Bower 970-669-8349
We hope to:
- Expand employment opportunities for youth
- Engage local employers in a partnership that supports a successful school-to-work transition
- Encourage youth to maintain economic independence in their community
What does SWAP offer to youth ages 16-25?
- Assessment of vocational skills and interests
- Teaching social skills regarding work, home, and community
- Job seeking and job placement assistance
- Post-employment follow-up and support for both employee and employer
What can SWAP do for your business and our community?
- Provide a pool of job ready candidates
- Provide Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) for each employer
- Monitor participant performance
- Provide job coaching as needed
- Provide an opportunity to become involved with local community and schools
- Prepare youth for the transition into work through teaching job seeking and "job keeping" skills
- Promote the efforts of local businesses to expand their labor pool and customer base
- Provide on-site follow-up support to SWAP employers
Phone: 970-669-8349 Fax: 970-669-8062