Department of Secondary Education
The Department of Secondary Education will support overall district efforts to empower, challenge and inspire students, faculty, staff, parents, school leaders and community members to learn, achieve and excel in the 21st century.
Empower To Learn, Challenge to Achieve, Inspire to Excel
- Empowering & Developing Leadership
- Open and Honest Communication
- Integrity and Accountability
- Clarity of Purpose
- Respectful Relationships
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Fun and Celebration
The Department of Secondary Education provides overall oversight and leadership for each of the district’s five middle school and 5 high schools. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Secondary Education, schools engage in a continuous improvement process to achieve the vision and mission of the district.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and aligned secondary education system that provides an effective, inclusive and equitable educational experience for all children.
- Provide leadership for the continuous improvement of the principal effectiveness.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and coordination of the districts 6-12 curricular, instructional and assessment strategies in collaboration with the other district directors.
Major Areas of Oversight and Responsibility:
- Principal evaluations
- Principal, assistant principal and dean of students professional development
- Contact for parents and community regarding building level concerns
- School Effectiveness Plans
- Progress monitoring of school goals and alignment with the district mission and vision
- Support for the accreditation of schools
- Student transfers and appeals
- Athletics and activities K-12
- New administrator induction
Programs and Education Options:
- Core Knowledge (grades 6-8)
- International Baccalaureate (Middle Years Program and Diploma Program)
- Loveland Integrated School of Arts (LISA - grades 6-12)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Student Exchange Program
- Foote Family Foundation Music Endowment
- Summer Music Program (grades 6-8)
- Secondary Summer School